Are you looking for export opportunities?
In a recent press release, the Department for International Trade promoted its enhanced Export Opportunities service for UK companies.
In a nut-shell, this lists overseas governments and companies that are looking to buy UK goods and services.
On the face of it, if you are looking for a source of leads for your export marketing activities, it’s probably worth taking a look.
Extracts from the press release and the link to find out more are copied in below:
The UK is one of the first countries in the world provide this online service, following the launch of the Export Strategy and an ambitious drive to boost British exports.
Examples on the service include:
- the Government of Ghana wants UK companies to help build infrastructure and supply vehicles
- a Dutch education body that wants to buy touch-screen computers from the UK
- a Hong Kong distributor who wants British cheeses for hotels, airlines and supermarkets
- a Mumbai distributor who wants British chocolate to sell through its network of suppliers across India
- a Costa Rican distributor wants to sell Scotch Whisky across the Caribbean
- the pan-American games organisers in Lima want to buy sports equipment from the UK
The Export Strategy sets out how the government will support businesses of all sizes to make the most of the opportunities presented by markets around the world.
A government-led collaboration with business, developed after extensive engagement with a range of UK firms – the Strategy sets a new ambition from the government to increase exports as a proportion of UK GDP to 35%.
It presents a streamlined and targeted offer for businesses of all sizes, set to raise productivity, boost wages and protect employment across the UK.
Research shows that companies that export have increased growth potential, are more productive and have better paid jobs.
If you are looking for support to grow your business, why not try our Business Builder Club? For an accountant that does more than just file your tax return, call TLA Business Services now on 01905 21411